I can’t get the website to accept my payment. What do I do?
- Our online booking system is usually reliable although we do have occasional problems with it. If it does not accept your payment or details please ring us and we will happily take details over the phone. We do not get notifications of people who have tried, and failed, to book, so please do phone us if you are having any problems at all.
Is there a toilet on board?
- Yes, there is a compact toilet compartment on board
Do you serve food or drinks on board?
- Yes, we offer complementary tea, coffee and bottled water, and a square of Helensburgh tablet.
Can we bring food and drinks on board?
- Yes, you are welcome to bring your own food/drinks on board with you
What’s best to wear, for the boat trip?
- Flat, comfortable shoes, no stilettos please, and warm showerproof clothing that will block the wind, and protect you from showers. We do have indoor seating, but you may wish to go out onto the aft deck for the best views.
Is there seating on board?
- Yes, up to twelve people can sit outside on the partially covered aft deck, and up to twelve people can sit inside.
How many people does the boat take?
- 12 people per trip, this number includes babies and young children.
What happens if a trip is not fully booked?
- If a trip is scheduled, then it will run, whether f
Can we hire your boat privately?
- Yes, you can hire the whole boat with skipper and crew for one hour (£180), two hours (£330), three hours (£400), or all day. Follow this link to request your choice of day and time
Do you accept dogs on boat trips?
- Yes, we accept dogs, if they are well-trained and kept on a lead. You must book them in online in advance, as part of the booking process. There is no charge.
What happens if the weather is bad?
- Jola too is an extremely safe and stable boat and copes comfortably with most weather conditions. Even if waves are splashing on the bow, the aft deck, which is partially covered, tends to remain dry and sheltered. There is seating for 12 inside, with windows all round, so there is a safe space if needed to drink your tea and coffee, and full protection from the weather if required. In the very rare event that we have to cancel, we will offer you a full refund or an alternative date.
What is your cancellation policy?
- You can cancel your booking for a full refund up to 24 hours before your booked trip. If there is a reason that we have to cancel your trip, we will offer you a full refund or an alternative date.
How far in advance do I have to book?
- We will accept online bookings up to 5 minutes before the trip departs. We can take contactless payment on board. If you want a specific date or time, you are advised to book ahead. Some trips are full well in advance of the date, and some have availability right up to the last minute. You can check availability online in advance by clicking on the ‘book now’ button.
Do you do corporate, or private trips?
- Yes, Jola Too is available for corporate or private hire and we are always happy to discuss how we can tailor a trip to your requirements – see our pages ‘Private Hire‘ and ‘Other Services‘. We are happy to make any special arrangements you may need, like food, transport etc.
- Anyone can book out an entire boat trip, 12 places, for a 10% discount.
Is there wheelchair access?
- We are currently looking for a way to bridge the gap between the moving surface of the narrow pontoon and the moving surface of the boat deck, but the solution is not straightforward. At the moment, the gap between boat and pontoon is approximately 30cms and there is a small lip at the open gate of the boat (width 70cms). If the wheelchair user is able to stand for long enough to step into the boat, there is more than enough room to sit in the wheelchair on the aft deck. The inside seating area has a high (30cm) lip and a narrow entrance, so would only accommodate a folded wheelchair. Watch the video on our boat page to see exactly what is involved.
Do you sell Gift Vouchers?
- Yes, we do. Buy them online: click on ‘Book now’ below and the gift voucher option is top right corner of the first page. You can purchase either for a specific boat trip, or for use on any of our forthcoming trips.